This is a great recipe for Thanksgiving and all the holiday meals you might be hosting in the next couple months! These candied yams are absolutely delicious and very easy to throw together in the crock pot.
– 5 large yams (try to pick the nice long ones that will cut in nice circles)
– 1 cup light brown sugar
– 1/4 cup orange juice
– 1/4 cup honey
– 4 tablespoons butter, melted
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Peel and cut yams into slices (about a 1/2 inch thick)
2. Spray crock pot with cooking spray and dump in yam slices.
3. In separate bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients. Make sure you melt the butter before mixing.
4. Pour mixture on top of yams.
5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. You may want to mix the yams about halfway through cooking so the yams on the top get some sauce coverage.
6. Serve warm! You can thicken the sauce by transferring it to a stove top pot and adding in a couple tablespoons of cornstarch. But to be honest, no need to even use the extra sauce. The yams are tasty just as is.
– See more at: http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/#sthash.s1CBraBc.dpuf