Slow cookers to the rescue! There’s nothing like a warm bowl of chili on a chilly Fall evening, right?!?
This Slow Cooker Chili Recipe is a snap to prepare!
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound stew beef, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 16-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 16-ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Sour cream, chopped fresh parsley, or chopped red onion for garnish
How to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meat and brown it for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add the chili powder and cumin and let the spices heat for 1 minute, stirring all the while. Stir in the flour and let the mixture cook for 1 minute more.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a large slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients (except for the garnishes), and stir well. Cover the cooker and let the mixture cook for 6 to 8 hours on the low setting, stirring occasionally. If necessary, thin the chili with a little water or stock as it cooks. Serves 8.
Thanks to Disney’s Spoonful.com for sharing this fabulous recipe