Looking at the inside of my kettle and oh boy, its needs a clean. So to the internet i go.
Here are some suggestions:
- Fill kettle with cold water pour in baking soda about half a cup. Allow to come to a boil then turn off and let hot water mixture do the work maybe about an hour. Pour out and rinse thoroughly with hot water. Does a great job.
- White vinegar works best. Mix it 50/50 water and vinegar, bring it to a boil, shut it off and let it soak for 15 minutes or so. Yes, you will have to rinse it several times to get the vinegar smell out. If the 50/50 mix doesn’t work, try it again full strength.
- boil one part vinegar three parts water and let it sit for a while ( I go off and do other things so it probably sits at least a half hour for me) I am sure fifteen minutes is fine. I pour it out and then I put lemon juice (one part lemon 2 parts water) boil it again and empty. The smell is fine and it is super clean.
- Cut a lemon or lime into 4 pieces. Fill the kettle with water up to the maximum level, squeeze and put the lemon slices inside, and boil the water. Let the water cool down for 1 hour and boil the water again. The kettle will be as clean as new.
- The best way for me is fill the kettle, pour some tartaric acid and boil. Once boiled, empty kettle, fill up with cold water, and boil again. Clean as a whistle!
So, if you have any ideas, please let me know!!